Name of the Location: Buddha Vihar, Mirajgaon.
Greatness of the Location: Place visited by Bharatratna Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar.
Type of Place: Buddha Vihar
Information: Bharatratna Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar was going to address the meeting at Ahmednagar via Barshi, Solapur on January 25, 1937, and while on his way he stayed here for some time to take rest, in this village of Mirajgaon. After people came to know the arrival of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar, hundreds of people gathered there, some school girls presented welcome songs. Dr. Ambedkar addressed the people who had gathered. Today, at this inspirational place where the Budha Vihar is seen, now has statues of Tathagat Gautam Buddha and the image of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar.
The reference to this historic visit is been made in Dr B R Ambedkar – Volume 18 Part 2, 1937-1945. This place serves as a source of Inspiration to all.
From past many year’s people gather here and organise various social programs of community welfare.
Festivals / Celebrations:
- Babasaheb Ambedkar Jayanti
- Mata Ramabai Jayanti
- Shiv Jayanti
- Along with all this, many activists come together to celebrate the birth anniversary of all the legends by distributing lecture books etc.,
- Special events are organized on the day of the Buddha Pournima.
- Futane, a nutritional food product is the speciality of Mirajgaon and are known throughout the district.
- Also hand woven Godhadi from Mirajgaon is pretty famous.